Who? Me? Yes, you…I mean me. Wait! Let me start again.
Dear Me, would you be my Valentine?
Yes, I know it’s over, but I was so busy with everyone else I once again forgot to tend to you (me). Oh, I know you (I) had an indulgent evening of pure delight with friends, food, and entertainment…but I mean the everyday kindnesses I should be extending to you (me). I just get so caught up in other things I forget what you (I) need. So here’s a list of things I’m going to work on in the days ahead to nurture love within…
1. Go to bed 15 min. earlier…to start a new rhythm. Then once that’s comfortable go to bed 15 minutes before that. I stay up w-a-y too late so it will take time to reverse the habit. My goal is to be in bed by 11:30 p.m.
2. Reduce sweets they sap my strength. Notice I said reduce, not eliminate, to make it attainable.
3. Talk nicer to me. Practice kindness internally.
4. Drink more water. I don’t like water so this will have to be purposed.
5. Read more…less tv.
6. Start a gratitude list (today) to flood my mind with God’s goodness.
7. Pray before walking out door…to remind myself who I am in Christ. Putting a post-it note on door helps.
I could list more but I don’t want to discourage myself before I get started.
What year-long Valentine should you give to you??